4" single driver pics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok this is my third project posted and it is my overall best sounding yet.I call these little babies the FR4.The boxes are made from carefully matched Pine with a natural hand rubbed oil finish and feature the Tang Band W4-616S 4" full range driver.The cabinet is front ported with a 1-3/4" diameter port with a 4" long port tube.The cabinet walls are lined with fiberglass.Internal wires are 18 awg solid core OCC copper.I am running these with an analogue front end and a 40wpc tube amp.No sub is needed with jazz and classical music.
IMGDEAD]

The out side demesions are 8" wide by 8" tall by 8" deep but the inside demension are altered to break up standing waves.I like the 616's and feel they have a nice full sound to them.At first they seemed to have no high frequencies,but after a few days of breaking in the highs opened up tremendously.I only compared them to a set of no name 4" full rangers I had on hand.My friend has the Omega Super 3's with 4" Fostex drivers and these sound more realistic.
IM000633.jpg
[/IMG]

I like em.......

Actually the entire system,...simple PP amp with not alot of garbage in the way...with power..I amagine it sounds very good. I also like all woods......If I could afford it my enclosures would be all real wood each & every time. Great jog...please tell more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.