A Note to the Wise .....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Unfortunately, my main computer suffered a hard drive failure a few days ago. Fortunately, I am very anal about backing up data (I have never had a disk crash before) so I only lost a few weeks worth of e-mails. All of my work survived thanks to a complete back up I did three weeks ago just before going on vacation!

At the moment, I have commandeered the house computer my three kids use to play video games and e-mail/instant message their friends. I feel a major revolt coming if I monopolize this machine too long. I am hoping to be back up on my own computer in a week or two. I believe I have answered all e-mails but might have missed a few.

Bottom line is I will be infrequent on the forums, should be able to respond to all new e-mails, and hope to be back at 100% and working on speakers again in a week or two. If you sent an e-mail in the last few days and did not get and answer I apologize and please resend.

BACK UP YOUR FILES OFTEN IF YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING YOU WOULD HATE TO LOOSE!

Amen Martin. I run twin disks and the vital stuff for me (documents folder) is copied to the second disk on a weekly basis -sometimes more often. CD copies are burned monthly. I learned the hard way that backups are vital when I lost my electronic MA thesis. Luckily, I still had a hard copy, but the warning was enough.

Best
Scott

I ran twin disks too and was glad that I did when the 'main' drive went down. I installed a new drive and started copying stuff from the back up drive but before I had retrieved everything, the second drive died as well so I still lost quite a bit of work! That was two drives dead within four days of each other!

I now back up to CD. :att'n:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.