Holey basket Coral's.....? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd October 2006, 04:50 AM   #21
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Jand,

These are my just my bedroom speakers. The Coral's were found at the local thrift shop.

I actually chose them (sold under the Monarch name) over the Foster 10F3 (precursor to the Foxtex F103) because of it's vocal qualities. Both drivers had the planet10 treatment.

Where in Washington are you and when you are coming north of the border? There's always a welcome mat out for the travelers.
Old 13th April 2012, 04:24 AM   #22
kunja is offline kunja  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Old thread...loving the coral holey basket

Reviving a VERY old thread here I know, but just wanted to say that these little Coral "holey basket" drivers are superb. I've run them against a lot of bigger, and far more expensive drivers (lowther, supravox, altec 755, visaton, etc.) in an antique open baffle cabinet, and these are the drivers that live there for good now. Several years now in our living room system and NO ONE who hears them can believe the magic coming out of these little things. Its unreal. I own 3 pairs now...just in case. For what it worth...
Old 18th February 2013, 11:07 PM   #23
Mazeppa is offline Mazeppa  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Another revival

Found this thread a year or so back when I was trying to figure out what to do with a pair of bull nose cab large Advents. Loved the bass, hated those orange things.

Pulled the orange things and the crossovers, refoamed the woofers. Made sub baffles for a pair of holey Corals. Cobbled together a 2-way active crossover. Been in love with these speakers ever since. Darn things actually still surprise me sometimes at how good they sound.

Hide this!Advertise here!