Best drivers for t-amp and 3.5L enclosures?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Listening to music through the speakers in my ibook is wearing on me, so I'm looking to put together a tabletop system for non-critical listening in my summer cabin. Source will probably be ipod. I'm thinking a super-T amp. I have some 6x6x6" (inside dims) cabinets built, which makes for about 3.5 liters. My questions are: What full range driver would be best suited? fr125s (maybe a little pricy, but could be swapped to a more respectable enclosure someday)? fe127e? Something by tangband? Should I port the cabs? Aperiodic?

I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

-Jared

roundel325 said:
Listening to music through the speakers in my ibook is wearing on me, so I'm looking to put together a tabletop system for non-critical listening in my summer cabin. Source will probably be ipod. I'm thinking a super-T amp. I have some 6x6x6" (inside dims) cabinets built, which makes for about 3.5 liters. My questions are: What full range driver would be best suited? fr125s (maybe a little pricy, but could be swapped to a more respectable enclosure someday)? fe127e? Something by tangband? Should I port the cabs? Aperiodic?

I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

-Jared

sreten said:

6x6x6 is bad mmmmkay, try to use dissimilar dimensions.

I don't know the power rating of the T amp but doubt it will effectively run 85dB FR-125's to their fullest potential. Even at low volume levels you won't get the dynamics - music will sound lifeless IMHO as I've run the FR-125 with Denon UDM-31 22wpc mini vs Vecteur 60wpc.
You should use amp with no current limiting BTW.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.