DIY Super Cube full range speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since my room is so small I need small speakers,the OB's i made with the same 4" driver were nice but I wanted more bass so I built these babies! These cubes are strong down to 50hz with useable bass at 40hz according to my frequency test LP.To get bass reinforcement anywhere I place them I decided to place the port on the bottom of the cab.My stands have rubber isopads to allow the port to breath.The port is loaded with a 3" long pvc pipe.
IMGDEAD]

The cabinets are 8" square and have a 1-3/4" diameter port on the bottom center of the box which is loaded with a 3" long pvc pipe running up the center of the cabinet.I use a nice amount of fiberglass insulation on all sides and around the port tube just so the opening of the mouth is visible. I used Boiled Linseed oil for a classic hand rubbed oil finish.

Geeze… square box with standing waves and a centered driver… what’s WRONG with you?!?

Actually, I think they look GREAT and bet they sound just fine too. I remember building a speaker with three tweeters on all sides but the back (now I always put them on the back), two mids on each side and one big forward facing woofer… and I remember blowing all of the tweeters on both speakers (that’s SIX at $18 bucks each) in one loud burst of Talking Heads. At least yours play.

Peace,
Godzilla

PS… I’ll be in the Poconos on vacation for a week. Everyone have fun on the forum!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.