Spawn of Frugel-Horn

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
TKsys said:
I won't stretch your gentleness but is it possible to design in metric measures?

My CAD program doesn't work in any specific units... Scott usually sends designs in imperial units, but what i generate id dimensioned in both inches & mm.

Myself i design in whatever is convienient for the task, in, mm or cm... we build in mm.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Chili Chang for FE167

Plans up on the FH site. SketchUp in the warehouse.

ChiliChang3D.gif

http://p10hifi.net/tlinespeakers/FH/download/ChiliChang-map-271007.pdf

dave

Re: Re: Re: Chili Chang for FE167

planet10 said:

If you need Olivia just mail me. I haven't finished the doc, but there is enuff there to build from.

dave

At the moment I don't have a car and have been bussing around. so no hurry. This repair job might take them more than a week.

What is the process to mail you? From Frugal or here? I am not doing PMs and whatnot very often.

Dave i think I sent a thank you.

I printed out the measures.

Here is a request for opinon-- even though these desings are coming out if the same 'studio.'.

Thereis the old saying about you can never be too rich or too thin.

I'm wondering if that's true for the Olivia.

I'm looking back at the Harvey and thinking I like it better aesthetically.

But what are the sound trade offs? I'm the one who likes very controlled bass and sharp and crispo mids for things like solo acoustic guitar and even string bass (trying to catch that plucked string decay with no muddiness.)

Because these are still theoretical builds I'd rather build to the custom sound. Visually, the Harvey seems to offer a better completed look.

But this is about sound. I'd be A/B testing with a BIB I have already completed. [Maybe this year I'll find a digital camera on the cheap and post pix.]

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
loninappleton said:
Dave i think I sent a thank you.

you did :)

Thereis the old saying about you can never be too rich or too thin. I'm wondering if that's true for the Olivia. I'm looking back at the Harvey and thinking I like it better aesthetically.

Purely gut feel on my part -- Scott might be able to offer more -- i suspect Harvey has a bit more finesse sonically. The Changs great appeal is their absolute simplicity. And with the requirement of most of our speakers to co-exist with the room and the SO, having options is always a good thing (even it it makes deciding what to build harder).

dave

My harveys were my first enclosures and my first wood working project, they did take a while but were not that difficult to make. The only tools I had was a skill saw that you can set the blade angle, square, measuring tape, and four clamps. I am doing a little better now, especially in the clamp department.

Ed Robinson

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chili Chang for FE167

thoburnse40 said:
What family are Olivia, Gabriel and Brynn from? Will they be posted with the Changs and FrugalHorns?

They are MooseBVRs ie in the same family as Calhoun, Shadow & all the Changs. Olivia is ready to be posted to the FH site (just waiting for dotMac to come back on line after maintenance). Brynn & Gabriele are not far behind, and Maria (for the Eminence 12LTA) should be up soon after Scott gets back from London.

Anyone needs any of these now, just mail me.

dave