Spawn of Frugel-Horn

planet10 said:
Hard at work today working on catching up with some of the Spawns. Have done the FE127e Changs -- Gabriel, Brynn, & Olivia (FE126e may work with series R -- Scott has those sims in his queue)

1st up here are the 0v9 plans (QC everyone, Scott check to make sure i didn't miss something)

Visualization of the 3 next to the Zigma (Brynn, Gabriel, Oliva, Zigmahornet) -- Olivia turns out to be quite a bit chunkier than Zigma...

dave

Outstanding!

Looking forward to the measures when available and will get ready to shake some dust (as the guy said in " Carnivale' "

Which is the Brynn? Reading left right or right left?

planet10 said:
Hard at work today working on catching up with some of the Spawns. Have done the FE127e Changs -- Gabriel, Brynn, & Olivia (FE126e may work with series R -- Scott has those sims in his queue)

1st up here are the 0v9 plans (QC everyone, Scott check to make sure i didn't miss something)

Visualization of the 3 next to the Zigma (Brynn, Gabriel, Oliva, Zigmahornet) -- Olivia turns out to be quite a bit chunkier than Zigma...

dave

Looking at the tallest one (assuming Olivia) if the cabinet were squared off and, as I'm seeing the taper at the bottom...

If there were 2 lipped cleats attached top and bottom and a semi flexible material was used snapped into place to provide a slight
curve would that ruin everything or otherwise mess up the design?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
loninappleton said:
Looking at the tallest one (assuming Olivia) if the cabinet were squared off and, as I'm seeing the taper at the bottom...

If there were 2 lipped cleats attached top and bottom and a semi flexible material was used snapped into place to provide a slight
curve would that ruin everything or otherwise mess up the design?

I cut off the top back of Olivia to make iit take on more of the aspect of the Zigma

You are talking about a Revel-style grill? I like the look & the concept, you just have to make sure you don't get any rining from the spars... fiberglass tent poles might be good raw material.

dave

planet10 said:

I cut off the top back of Olivia to make iit take on more of the aspect of the Zigma

You are talking about a Revel-style grill? I like the look & the concept, you just have to make sure you don't get any rining from the spars... fiberglass tent poles might be good raw material.

dave

Erm, what's a Revel style grille?

This would be a concave flex at the upper and lower mouthes of the vent. I thought I could get away with Masonsite that's thin. The concept was used in one of those... ack... can't think of the name... but right angled at the base and tapers up the front. Sides were cut from one piece of stock along the diagonal of the sheet goods. You put a back on and the front has a port at the bottom. To round the corner at the bottom, the curved piece was used.
I can't recall the material. But I don't like the looks of plexiglass
(perspex to you) for being shiny and expensive.

Something like linoleum or countertop laminate. I haven't been on a dumpster dive in a while.

Masonite seems to have all the neutral audio properties and is the right color.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
loninappleton said:
Erm, what's a Revel style grille?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This would be a concave flex at the upper and lower mouthes of the vent. I thought I could get away with Masonsite that's thin. e. I haven't been on a dumpster dive in a while.

Masonite seems to have all the neutral audio properties and is the right color.

OK you are talking about replacing the straight strike plate with a curved shape? That wouldn't work without a complete redsign... if you want something swoopy then a curvy Harvey, Iris or Bruce would work.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
RKH said:
I suspect it is Dave demonstrating that either (stepped vs solid piece) is acceptable. At least that has been the case with the other designs. Also, the stepped at the bottom adds a bit more mass there, perhaps making it a bit more stable.

Exactly. Any combination of steps, slanted baffles, back corners on or off, works.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
And before the day is over, a teaser -- this one is called Jill FakeHorn (for FE126) & she has a brother Jack (he looks suprisingly similar to a Hornshoppe horn as long as you don't look at the back) These are distant cousins of the Changs. They are designed for corner placement.

dave

Attachments

• jill-fakehorn.gif
    jill-fakehorn.gif
    78.3 KB · Views: 860
planet10 said:
And before the day is over, a teaser -- this one is called Jill FakeHorn (for FE126) & she has a brother Jack (he looks suprisingly similar to a Hornshoppe horn as long as you don't look at the back) These are distant cousins of the Changs. They are designed for corner placement.

dave

Hey, fake Frugel :D I wonder how it would sound next to the original .. :rolleyes:

P.S. Dave, you could design it with whole sides but just small front-side, and put shelves below for storing CDs :bigeyes: