Spawn of Frugel-Horn

Not to hijack this thread, but I`m not 100% sure phase plugs will have as much effect on the limited edition 206`s. I saved up and bought a pair of the T90AEX`s and capped them with a .47 mfd cap and no attenuator, to keep parts count low, and the tweets did not negatively affect imageing as the reg T90`s did with the reg 206`s with your phase plugs. I preferred the overall balance with the phase plugs and sold the T90A`s. The Fe206ESR`s are very different from the Fe206E`s. Now let`s get back to the Fruble`s.

After thinking about this all day, I agree, the spelling Frubel just looks better than Fruble. I had a guy that owns an engraving co make up some brass name plates with NOXO for my DIY projects. This kind of gives them a finishing touch, and most of my friends who have seen them tell me they look cool. Maybe Dave could do something like this and sell them with his flat packs. It`s fun and there`s pride in ownership. This is a great hobby.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
no xo said:
After thinking about this all day, I agree, the spelling Frubel just looks better than Fruble. I had a guy that owns an engraving co make up some brass name plates with NOXO for my DIY projects. This kind of gives them a finishing touch, and most of my friends who have seen them tell me they look cool. Maybe Dave could do something like this and sell them with his flat packs. It`s fun and there`s pride in ownership. This is a great hobby.

Yes, something like that is in the queue... at the moment a stylized Flugel-Horn (remember the original Macintosh graphics from 1984?)....

dave

I can do a 1/4 space model of them using the existing software, but they have to be done in the full-blown BLH sections sheet so it might take me a while to get them both finished.

First test mule cabinet will be completed this afternoon. It's not overly pretty -I don't have the facilities, the money, the tools or the talent to achieve a good finish sadly, but they're accurate to the plans, and fine for their proof-of-concept role.

Best
Scott

Gentlemen, the glue on the second side panel is presently drying, with about 300lbs of weight stacked on top of it.

I'll have a quick check of the joints, and seal them with caulking (I do that with all my enclosures -never hurts to be 100% sure, especially when you're not the world's greatest cabinet-builder, and have limited tools). Then a quick final plane, sand, and I'll fire it up and have a quick mono-test. Internal wire is my usual pair of 24AWG twisted conductors extracted from a run of Cat5, and gold-plated binding posts from Maplins. I'll initially check it without any stuffing, then add -always easier that way IMO.

Best
Scott

Nothing nice I'm afraid -just bog-standard 18mm MDF. Not the top choice for a finished speaker, but these are just mules done to check the basic geometry works as predicted and to help tweak the basic design. I'll try to get some photographs up later -and in the process humiliate myself no doubt. As I said above, my tools are very limited, and I'm not great at building I'm afraid. Solid, and accurate to the drawings, yes. Pretty, no.