Spawn of Frugel-Horn

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Scottmoose said:
It's mainly because the system operates in a similar way to a reflex enclosure in that below 100Hz, the horn dominates the response, so within reason (i.e. so long as the driver's Vas doesn't swamp the chamber etc's volume, and it's motor is strong enough to drive said horn), it's pretty tollerant: it doesn't affect the driver's own SPL curve over 100Hz much either, so it's very well behaved.
Scott

GM said:
It's the acoustically fairly large filter chamber (aka the misnomer 'CC'). It's a matter of impedance matching with the horn being overdamped and the CC underdamped, so when you get a 'close enough' balance, a ~flat response over whatever gain BW the horn vent defines is achieved.
GM

Thanks for the explanations guys.

It is a dual version of the frugel horn so why not simply call it the Dugel Horn? :clown:

If you don't like that then maybe Gregoose Frugelugos Horn floats your boat.

Where did those two pages come from when I wasn't looking? :D

Like the names guys. Keep them coming, and I'm sure we'll decide over the next day or so.

Ron -not that you need any encouragement from the likes of me, go for it! As Dave said, the more the merrier, and the more options we can give people, so they can pick and choose which one best suits their individual requirements, the more will be built. I'm sure yours will go lower -I was only aiming for a solid response to 60Hz with this one as I try not to go too far below Fs. 10-15% below is my personal limit.

Best Regards
Scott

Thanks for the positive feedback,(pun intended). I was not sure if it was brilliant or absurd. If you make the name official I will have to build a pair, and right now, the last thing I need are more speakers. Thanks NOXO, and Dave keep me posted on the phase plugs for the Fostex FE206ESR, something else on my wish list.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
no xo said:
Dave keep me posted on the phase plugs for the Fostex FE206ESR, something else on my wish list.

One of my customers moved his FE206e plugs to his FE206seR. the regular plugs aren't long enuff so a custom size is being made for the 206seR. Those should be off to him next week.

With the regular plugs he said there was an improvement but not of the magnitude of the change in the 206e (wrong plug or just not as much needs fixing?)

dave