Building a full range bookshelf enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
aussiebuddha said:
Hi there.
I'm looking to buy a pair of fostex FE127E and build a bookshelf sized enclosure for them.

Has anyone here done it before?
I've seen box plans for these drivers but they're just too big for my application.

Thanks!!!

by the way. I've just found this, what do you think?
http://www.madisound.com/pdf/fostexdrivers/fe127erev.pdf
there's a simple bass reflex at the end. the double one is too large.

thanks mate

I've been very happy with it and it replaced an excellent DIY 2-way in a secondary system. The main thing to play with is the BSC to suit the location and rooms as I found the FE127E to be very fickle with location. This one was designed to work close to a rear wall in a small to medium room and works with an LM3875 Chip Amp.

This speaker is about the mids and you forget about the other areas that are lacking.... nothing major but noticeable.

I had a look at the Fostex design BR and didn't think it made the most of the driver so designed my own.

Hope that helps.

rabbitz said:
I've been very happy with it and it replaced an excellent DIY 2-way in a secondary system. The main thing to play with is the BSC to suit the location and rooms as I found the FE127E to be very fickle with location. This one was designed to work close to a rear wall in a small to medium room and works with an LM3875 Chip Amp.

This speaker is about the mids and you forget about the other areas that are lacking.... nothing major but noticeable.

I had a look at the Fostex design BR and didn't think it made the most of the driver so designed my own.

Hope that helps.

Hi there mate, thanks for the quick reply!!
I pickup up a pair of FE127E yesterday from Major Music here in Miranda.
I've decided to build your box, as it seems to take more advantage of the driver but needed to ask you a couple of questions before proceeding. if u dont mind pls.

1) can you explain a little bit more about the BSC and the location?
I'm not even sure what the bsc does :p
hehe i know its supposed to be a couple of electronic components before the speaker but what do they do? generally i used to install a cap there to filter some frequencies, but no idea besides that.

2) On the plans you sent, there are some horizontal lines on the top and bottom of the driver, and where it says 15x25 bracing min.. what are they? whats that 15x25 bracing you mention? where did you use bracing and what material did you use?

3)Damping material? which one did you get? you know where to buy it?

4) When you mention thos small blocks of various sizes to glue, can you explain alittle bit more?

hope it's very big incovenience to you.

Thanks for all the help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.