fe87e recommended back horn...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
any takers. I built one, it sounds great, with great effort.

the sides are inch thick panels of solid walnut...

insides are 15mm birch. I built them in metric. all measurements are to within 1/3 mm and square is damn near perfect.

small horns seem to have lower vocal range issues, they are also very effective at making the basss that they do.

so I stuffed, stuffed stuffed, took it all out.

now, I am using maybe a third a cup of sand in a plastic bag in the compression chamber and a small "plug" of damping in the throat this is to create acoustic impedance to knock down the resonance in db till it is more in line with the rest of the mix.

it worked wonderfully. these horns are breathtaking.

the nightmare? that stuffing is ROOM DEPENDANT!!!! the db level of the VOCAL resonance is room dependant because the horn mouth is reinforced room dependantly.. ahhhhhh!!!

so depending on the room there is more or less of the vocal resonance (in addition to bass, naturally)

anyone found a solution to this? I sincerely hope I am not asking an impossible question.

well, from out here in wally world....

Clark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.