small fullrange driver help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im planing on cunstructing a pair of small fullrange speakers. the enclosure im planing to make out of some ceramic flower pots (seald enclosure or basreflex). and in the future i might stack som new ones on top of them to create line arrays (used with subs). firts i would like to try single ones per side.
the drivers i have in mind: Hi-Vi Research b3s, veravox 3, fostex ff83k, aura NS3-193-8A or some tang bands.
any ideas wich one that will work the best. i will move alot the next 4 mounths so they have to be small, thats why i was thinking of flower pots as enclosures.

My experience covers the Veravox 3 and Fostex FF85k. While the Fostex is way more efficient, better xmax and tonal balance are strongly voting for the Veravox 3. There have been published two notch filters for the Veravox which help to straighten out the frequency response even more. 2,5 l CB is what I recommend for the Veravox.

Rudolf

Pepe,
this was a project of german magazine "Hobby Hifi" 1/2005 with the Veravox 3:
http://www.saque.de/html/projekt_1.html It´s a BR/TML mix actually.

At the bottom of the page is a copy of an article in the other german loudspeaker mag "Klang und Ton" showing some measurements (but NOT of the above project!)

As you can see there are some resonance peaks above 10 kHz. They can be attenuated with a parallel notch filter of 1,0 µF/18 Ohm/0,1 mH in series with the Veravox.

The Projekt 1 baffle is 135 mm wide, causing a hump at 1-2 kHz. This can be attenuated with another notch filter of 10 µF/4,7 Ohm/0,39 mH in series with the Veravox.

I tried both filters. Immediatly after their installation the box seemed to loose some sparkle and presence, but in the long run it was much less fatuiging.

If you send me your email adress, I can provide you with the complete drawings etc. for that Projekt 1 and simulations for CB and BR.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.