diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Full Range (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/)
-   -   any info on fostex UP163 ? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/83109-any-info-fostex-up163.html)

Lagroute 13th July 2006 11:32 AM

any info on fostex UP163 ?

Hello,

Does anyone has info on this single cone alu dome fullrange driver ?

It seems to be the fostex equivalent for Coral 6F60 ?

I need any info on the recommended enclosure or any idea ...

Regards to all,

Lagroute

Lagroute 18th July 2006 01:50 PM

any idea guys ?

Scottmoose 18th July 2006 09:06 PM

T/S parameters? What sort of music do you listen to, how large is your room, how large an enclosure or any female in your life can you / she stomach? What sort of enclosure would you like? We can help, but you're going to have to give us a bit more information to work on / with.

Lagroute 18th July 2006 09:09 PM

Yes I need T/S , efficiency and other parameters for this driver. Since it's an old Fostex model, I can't find theese parameters.

Thanks,

Lagroute

Lagroute 21st July 2006 12:07 PM

up ! pleaseeeeee help !

Scottmoose 21st July 2006 06:22 PM

Well, I can't find any parameters. Guys?

Rudolf 21st July 2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lagroute
Yes I need T/S , efficiency and other parameters for this driver. Since it's an old Fostex model, I can't find theese parameters.
Someone finally got some. :D
In my 1981 Fostex catalogue:
Efficiency 90 dB
fr ~45 Hz
Cone weight (mms?) 9,5 g
Q-factor (Qts?) 0,5
Magnet weight 830 g
Power handling 32 W
recommended volume 34 l

I will scan the spl/impedance diagram and full data for the recommended enclosure over the weekend and publish them in this thread.

Fostex did not publish full TSP in those days. So donīt ask me for more TS parameters.

BTW: Have you already got the UP 163 or do you need picture and driver dimensions too?

Rudolf

planet10 21st July 2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lagroute

You likely won't find the parameters, and even if they exist on a piece of paper (factory spec) or someone has measured those drivers, the natural drift of T/S over time will be unlikely to coincide with where yours are now.

Nothing to do but get out the kit and measure them.

dave

planet10 21st July 2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by planet10
You likely won't find the parameters, and even if they exist on a piece of paper (factory spec)
Thanx for proving me wrong Rudolf :)

If you want to scan that whole thing, i'll make a pdf and put it up on the net...

dave

Lagroute 21st July 2006 09:24 PM

Thanks this is what I need.

I fact I managed to find one brand new pair of these speakers ( incredible to find a new pair more than 20 years after !)

As I own FE206ESR and I really like them, I figured that I don't really need thoses UP163 and that it would be better to let someone else play with them.

They are now on ebay (I don't know if it is a good idea to put the ebay link) and those who will buy them will need the T&S so I asked here.

Thanks again guys

Lagroute