any info on fostex UP163 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lagroute said:
Yes I need T/S , efficiency and other parameters for this driver. Since it's an old Fostex model, I can't find theese parameters.

Someone finally got some. :D
In my 1981 Fostex catalogue:
Efficiency 90 dB
fr ~45 Hz
Cone weight (mms?) 9,5 g
Q-factor (Qts?) 0,5
Magnet weight 830 g
Power handling 32 W
recommended volume 34 l

I will scan the spl/impedance diagram and full data for the recommended enclosure over the weekend and publish them in this thread.

Fostex did not publish full TSP in those days. So don´t ask me for more TS parameters.

BTW: Have you already got the UP 163 or do you need picture and driver dimensions too?

Rudolf

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Lagroute said:
Yes I need T/S , efficiency and other parameters for this driver. Since it's an old Fostex model, I can't find theese parameters.

You likely won't find the parameters, and even if they exist on a piece of paper (factory spec) or someone has measured those drivers, the natural drift of T/S over time will be unlikely to coincide with where yours are now.

Nothing to do but get out the kit and measure them.

dave

Thanks this is what I need.

I fact I managed to find one brand new pair of these speakers ( incredible to find a new pair more than 20 years after !)

As I own FE206ESR and I really like them, I figured that I don't really need thoses UP163 and that it would be better to let someone else play with them.

They are now on ebay (I don't know if it is a good idea to put the ebay link) and those who will buy them will need the T&S so I asked here.

Thanks again guys

Lagroute

Those are beauties...

Indeed ! To bad I already have FE206ESR and no bucks for my holidays, I would have happily toying with them :) :) :)
Seriously, I hope the one who'll win the auction will have pleasure with them.

As I sell them as NEW (I was the first to open the boxes to make photos) , I haven't played at all ...

and you must have quite large hands

Not really, it's mostly a perspective effect ! The camera was too near of the hand ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.