Fostex Details Lost

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Over the past couple of weeks I've become very interested in the idea of using a full range driver in a home built cabinet.

As is normal, for me, I've scoured the 'net looking for information/education. During the course of my investigations, I came across a table which someone had posted to a forum, which summarised details of the whole range of Fostex drivers.
The table showed sensitivity, and maximum SPL for a pair of speakers in a typical room.

I've "lost" that table.
Can anyone point me back to it?

Thanks,

Steve

(I'm cross-posting this to the FullRangeDriver Forum)

Mr

planet10 said:
Seems my recollection was spot on.

Is this the one?

http://www.spectrumaudio.de/breit/fostex/fostex.html

dave

Dave,

That's an interesting site, but not the one.
I'm looking for a message on a forum which included this table.
I guess the poster of the message made some assumptions regarding power handling and room reinforcement etc, so that he not only quoted the sensitivity of each driver, but an estimate of its maximum SPL in some enclosure.

From the site you found, I copied the table into Excel and sorted on sensitivity. Looking at the list the driver which stands out (sensitive, wide frequency range, low Fres) at a sensible price is the FE206E.

This is probably the worst way to choose a driver yet invented...
However, I would like to home in on one particular driver and then select the best box for use with that driver.
This is an attempt to get away from impossible comparisons (is speaker A with FE166E better than speaker B with FE206E etc.)

Steve

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
validator said:

Thorsten,

That site uses ^%&$#* frames so the URL takes us to the homepage & not the table. And i can't quickly find it. Can you grab the URL of the frame & post it (this is a good example of why frames will cost you sales if you are a commercial site)

Nice to see they are using my Full-Ranger Shield :)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.