Bassboost for a Fullrange CB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I'm going to build a cheap, aktive music-box for outdoor use with two 6.5" Fullrange drivers in a closed box with about 35 liters.
In the simulation I've done with a bass-speaker-programm (should work?) the -3dB point is at 82Hz and at 130Hz there is a peak of 5dB (Qts=1.2, Qtc=1.8).
Is it possible/good to make a aktive bassboost with this configuration to become a little lower bass?

..looking forward for any answers ;)

thx Tom

more info..

how about some driver parameters or manufacturer and model number ?

35 litres seems like it would be large for a "portable"
I'd be tempted to build 2 seperate enclosures, perhaps both with an inexpensive plate amp or battery powered class D or T amp.

can you provide more information?

Here are the driver parameters:

impedance: 8 Ohm
nom. power: 20W
SPL 1W/1m: 91dB
SPL 6W/1m: 97dB
fs: 80 Hz
Re: 7 Ohm
Le: 0.3 mH
Qms: 6
Qes: 1.6
Qts: 1.2
VAS: 22 l
Mms: 6 g
Rms: 0.5kg/s
Cms: 0.6 mm/N
B*l: 3.6 Tm
Sd: 154 cm²
weight: 0.5 kg
magnet: 5 oz
voice coil: 20 mm

It's a 6.5" fullrange driver from "Westra" called SF-180-501 (german manufacture I think). I choose that driver cause it has a high SPL and costs only 2,95 Euros.
35 liters is large for portable, that`s right (should be for camping for example). I've decided now to build only one driver (mono) with a TDA1519B in a box with 21 liters net (wood is already cutted). Together with a CDROM and two batteries the box will be 33x33x33cm (outside), that's ok for me ;-).

I've never designed a box but hope it will play "a little bit good" music.
...looking forward to any comments (hope it's enough information).

thx Tom

Hi Tom

I have built and use the bass boost boost module that was mentioned from altronics, I am sure it would work really well for your application, it is quite tuneable with regards to its cut in point and amount of boost .......and cheap! It only needs a single rail 12V DC supply but any supply up to 20v will work. THe only thing to watch out for is the quaity of the supply some are noisy and this will introduce some low level hum.

Oh and the sound quality is excellent!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.