First Build Recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking to build my first speakers. Am thinking about using Fostex's and one of their BLH designs. Any recommendations of which offers the best sound and is fairly easy to tune - or some other possibilities.

I listen to female vocals and jazz. Also, the speakers will mainly be used towards the middle of the room - approx 6-8 feet away from corners and walls.

i just finished my first speaker build and am very happy with it so... i would buy these fostex fe108zs and throw them in a bib cabinet. pictures of my build are in the bib thread, and even better there are pictures of an inverted design made by terry cain as well.

i don't think the drivers are broken in but the sound is already very enjoyable. if you get the pieces precut, you could throw these together in an afternoon.

good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.