Is it crazy to use Audio Nirvana full-range drivers in ceiling fro surround sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had the crazy idea of mounting Audio Nirvana 6.5" or 8" Standard models in the ceiling for a mid-fi surround sound set up. It seemed to me that these would provide better sound than the typical ceiling mounted speakers for the money. My ceiling is currently out as I am remodeling. I would simply mount them to the drywall with T-nuts. I would plan on covering them with Atlas Sound Ceiling Speaker baffles(MCM part #555-6616) unless someone can suggest a better speaker grill. I have had a hard time finding sepeartely available speaker grills.

Also, my cabinet maker is building the 2.8 cu. ft. bass reflex cabinet in 3/4" Baltic Birch plywood from one of Commonsense Audio's designs. I will finish out the cabinet and install Audio Nirvana Super 8's. I plant to power them with either a Super T-Amp or an Autocostruire 2020. This will be my first partial DIY Audio project.

Any comments or suggestions to this Newbie would be welcome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.