RE: tang band speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RE: tang band speakers

hi,

this is not selling products, I need more diyers advise !!!!!

I was thomas, owner of www.diyaudiocraft.com

I would lke to collect some information about Tangband fullrange speakers.

Hong Kong was very close to China & I had OEM speaker chassis factory on china. It had very good piano plywood & facelet funish as piano funishing procedure.

photos shows piano plywood.

let's talk with the detail. hw about the performance of tang band full ange speakers????

I ask for the factory already. price will let me know next weeks. If price really good I prefer prepare groups buy since te mininum order was at least 250 pairs.

The only one I can do was prepare chassis to save pstage.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010579.jpg
    p1010579.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 762
tube-lover,

Are you asking about all TB drivers. Which is best and which you should order a large lot of?

I haven't experimented with the driver, but I've heard that the TB W4-1320SB Bamboo driver . The URL is to the SA version of the driver, I believe the SB has the the round flange.
I've also heard good things about the TB W4-1052SA .

Again, I have not actually used either driver, only heard good reviews about them.

I have used the w3-871, but I prefer a 4".

Josh

tube-lover,
Tang Band makes a reasonably good product for the money in my opinion. Could it be better? Of course, but keep in mind that Tang Band manufactures, not only their own drivers, but a large amount of OEM products for designers around the world.
If you give them the specs, they will build it, and do a good job.

For the units I've used:

25-302S - nice little tweeter

W3-871S - Very good. A staple in the FRSD arena.

W3-879S - nice but lacking highs, would probably make a nice woofer for a PC speaker or mid-range in a 3-way system.

W4-879S - nice but cone resonance in the upper mids. Good little mid-woof with the right XO

W5- 874S - I like this little woofer. In a bipole transmission line it produces excellent sounding bass. Easy to work with.

W6-789S - This one didn't do what I had hoped but I need to play with it some more. Might be nice for a little computer sub/sat system.

W8-740C - Very nice 8" woofer. I built a car sub for a friend with 2 of these in a ported box and it thumped quite well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.