Port and speaker placement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This has been brought up before, but there was no real answers or tips. Speaker and port placement, in relation to X and Y axis on the baffle. I've heard to have all edges atleas 3inches away from any inner walls. Also I've heard that placing the driver a proportonal distance from 3 of the inner walls is a bad idea because of reflections or something? Though I've seen many speaker that appear to have the driver &/or port, centered between the two sides and the top. Can anyone shead some light on this topic? i'm just about ready to start making cuts for this project. It's going to be a bipole with the port on the front if that makes any difference. Heres a bad drawing of what I've got for the front baffle.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.