lowther repair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
pair of PM4C

problems:

broken spider on one (looks repairable with some fine and steady neoprene glue jobie)

dead coils ; in fact-coils are good ,but drivers aren't used for long time,and connection between copper terminal wires (what is proper term for wire from terminal to cone?) and Alu coil is loose ;

any tips for Alu soldering ?

some particular solder ?

pair of PM4C

problems:

broken spider on one (looks repairable with some fine and steady neoprene glue jobie)

dead coils ; in fact-coils are good ,but drivers aren't used for long time,and connection between copper terminal wires (what is proper term for wire from terminal to cone?) and Alu coil is loose ;

any tips for Alu soldering ?

some particular solder ?

There is alu solder, and I can share a few cm's, but comeon this question is ages old . . .

I just bought Lowthers but one needs a new surround. I try to find out how to do that :( as I do not want the cash layout for factory repair).
Suggestions?

yes Atelier Rullit would like to service them too and this looks like a good value/price compared to factory rejobbing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.