TL or MLTL design for PHY-HP?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I have had some ready designed TL´s for Jordan drivers but currently have french PHY-HP H21 LB15 SAG full range units on large open baffles. Even if the sound is quite beautiful and I could still do some tweaking for the OBs I have been thinking of somekind of TL or MLTL design to save some space on my room. The OBs are quite big and not so practical.

There is not so much information concerning the PHY-HP drivers in this forum but have you ever seen TL ar MLTL design for these drivers? Or do you have some good information for newbie how to start planning the new project..

Thanks,

Mika

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

Yes, these are suitable for TL/MLTL cabs, though they won't be particularly small, requiring at least ~11.26 ft^3 to get the widest gain/BW out of them short of using a BLH. Still, folded up they will be a lot narrower than the OBs.

GM

ps:

TL = transmission line = 1/4 WL tuned pipe

MLTL = mass loaded transmission line = vented 1/4 WL tuned pipe

Thanks GM! Have you ever seen or even heard such cabs? My biggest concern is that do I lose something compared to OBs, the midrange is so beautiful and realistic and also the bass has a quite nice tone and punch even it's not so deep..

Also if you have some good link to support the design or advices where to start so I wouldn't have to do anything the hard way.

Cheers,

Mika

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.