fe166e vs ff165k

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im just getting into fullranges, and the idea of qa BIB with either a 166e or 165k is very enticing. But i dont knwo which driver to choose.
I want bass down to a solid 50 or 40hz(which shouldnt be a problem in room from what ive heard). and i would rather have mroe extended/smoother treble than 10hz mroe bass extension.

So tell me what are the tradoffs and comparisons between the 166e and the 165k?

ALSO i havnt seen any talk of a notch filter or BSC in the BIB. does that mean it doesnt need it? or that i gotta design it on my own.

i wanna get fullranging ASAP!!!

the 166 looks smoother on the top end, and liek it has more overall treble extension(theyre pretty similar up until that very last octave). although i hear that it doesnt work in resonant enclosures as well as the 165, and that the 165 goes lower

if the 166 will reach down to 50hz with power, and up to 20khz as well as a cain abbey does, then ill be pleased as punch.

and lookint at the FR of the 166 it doesnt really need a notch, the 165 however looks like it woudl benefit ALOT from one (that big 5db upper mid/lower treble spike)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.