Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd May 2006, 06:26 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

So I guess there is no other way about it then.

Bummer. Guess we'll have to be very attentive on that horn.

Hopefully the results will be worth it.
Old 22nd May 2006, 03:49 PM   #12
no xo is offline no xo  United States
diyAudio Member

The Fostex recommended horn for the FE206ESR is the 2nd horn I built and the were challenging but not overly difficult. Take your time, measure once and check 2 times, cut square and use lots of clamps. Have fun and enjoy the process. You will be happy with the results.
Old 22nd May 2006, 05:52 PM   #13
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by no xo
The Fostex recommended horn for the FE206ESR is the 2nd horn I built and the were challenging but not overly difficult. Take your time, measure once and check 2 times, cut square and use lots of clamps. Have fun and enjoy the process. You will be happy with the results.
Ray,

Did you get the 150 Hz lump sorted on yours? (i know i have an unanswered mail somewhere from you on this)

dave
Old 22nd May 2006, 06:33 PM   #14
no xo is offline no xo  United States
diyAudio Member

Most of it is gone, but I`m finding this is the type of speaker that I like the more I listen to it. I`m tempted to stuff the area where the cc enters the throat, but concerned that might hurt the dynamics. If you have time Dave, please give me advice on where I should try suffing, and in the mean time I`ll continue to expirement. Overall The more I listen to these the more I like them, but they are much more different to to regular FE206E`s I built last year. Has anyone used your phase plugs on the FE206ESR yet? I think they will help, though the difference might not be as obvious as it made on the regular 206`s. Happy to see all the progress with your Frugal Horns, I need a room with corners but I`ll probably build these next anyway because they are so cool,and I like the driver choices. Thanks for your time, Ray
Old 4th January 2013, 02:02 AM   #15
zangg is offline zangg  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post

A friend and I spent an evening comparing the two Lowthers in my ML TL enclosures. We started with the PM6A drivers and listened for about an hour to the standard test CDs I use, the sound was very good. Then we switched to the PM2A drivers which took about 10 minutes, adjusted the BSC circuit by increasing the resistor a few ohms, and went through the same set of music selections. There were differences in the sound, the bass of the PM6A was stronger but the midrange of the PM2A was much more detailed and revealing. At the end of the evening we both prefered the PM2A. We also agreed that we could easily live with either driver in the ML TL.
Hej!
I understand he is Martin King and writing about the design posted on his website? Do you guess there is there any kind of modification to the BSC posted over there? I can build a box, a BSC and have some lowther PM6As that would like some new cabinets...
thank you for any advice...
Old 7th January 2013, 02:51 PM   #16
zangg is offline zangg  Germany
diyAudio Member

So i found out there is a variable BSC posted somewhere on his website, it enables you to run any driver with any kind of amp. One las question i hope to be answered:
I only have found 3.3 mH coils plus 2.2 and 3.3 mikroFarad MKPs in diyaudio shops...
What do you think about these being 10% more than shown in the diagram by Mr King?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 7th January 2013, 05:48 PM   #17
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Probably not, but join his yahoo group to ask him as he no longer posts here AFAIK: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/quarter-wave/join

GM

Hide this!Advertise here!