Help needed about Lowther DX3!

Can anyone tell me where to find screws to fit the center cone on DX3?
I think it is a 3,5mm screw, maybe 4 mm, or something in inch?
I`ve tried to find some here in Norway, but no luck.
And it aught to be a none magnetic metal like brass.
Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Lars

From all I know about Lowther drivers, everything is designed in English units. Without actually measuring the screw on the phase plug, my guess is that it is a 4-48 thread. Good luck in locating exactly two of these in brass, even in the USA. Living out in the sticks as I do, I'd probably wind up mail ordering a box of 100.

Bob

Lowther Phase Plug Threading

Ya know, you can learn too much about Lowthers if you really spend time at it. Like me.

The original thread for the phase plug was an old pre-SAE type standardized by English clock makers. Can't remember it's exact number, but almost impossible to find.

It happens to be the exact same size as 3.5m x .6. Since there are 2 different 3.5 mm threads (fine and coarse) you must also use the 2nd number.

Because of my work I have a tap and die, along with brass rod that is used to make non-magnetic phase plug threaded rods. And, 'cause I am a nice guy, you can have some for the asking. Just send me your mailing address. Would normally give away up to 6", let me know if you need more.

Jon Ver Halen
Lowther-America