my "Snakes" & Monacor SP-200X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
gday!
TQWP almost done. some decoration will make latter.
quality - so-so. hi range not enough and I have to make plane middle range .... but I'm happy :)

Attachments

• snakes_s.jpg
    snakes_s.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 747
Scottmoose said:
Box calc. And finish as well actually -it looks rather good in the pictures.

I'd calculate it, using Russian version of John Ratter's xls file.
next time I'll tuning it higher - to 70hz and will use it with subwoofer. furthermore I will install tweeter.
thank you for your opinion about finish. it's my first hand not marble coating.

Attachments

• my_diagram.jpg
    my_diagram.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 736
Yes, that finish is very impressive. Wish I could do them like that.

I think this might be why you're finding the response a bit iffy. MathCad predicted response for that enclosure, using the SP-200X. I damped it down a bit with stuffing in the first half of the line. Nothing you can do about the big hole though. Pretty good for a Weems-based pipe though. Obviously the Monacor mates well to the Weems calculations.

Attachments

• rutter based tqwt response with monacor sp200x.gif
    rutter based tqwt response with monacor sp200x.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 530
Scottmoose said:
MathCad predicted response for that enclosure, using the SP-200X. I damped it down a bit with stuffing in the first half of the line. Nothing you can do about the big hole though.

it's should be, but I think 200 Hz hole are smooth out by damping material inside.
another trobles - hump from 7k to 10kHz. I'm just hear this and it's annoy me.

Hi,

Nice speakers! :rolleyes: In my opinion, don't use filter until it is properly broken in.. I use these drivers for almost two years and I can say that they got a lot better after breaking in. It also takes some serious time though.. Tweeter is necessary IMHO.

Good luck Martin

sumacSK said:
Hi,

Nice speakers! :rolleyes: In my opinion, don't use filter until it is properly broken in.. I use these drivers for almost two years and I can say that they got a lot better after breaking in. It also takes some serious time though.. Tweeter is necessary IMHO.

Good luck Martin

which tweeter do you mean? I try to set up a few, but it's almost nothing. small sensitivity.
how did you use it? TQWP? sealed? ported?
I won't use filter, but ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.