Replacing drivers in JVC fs-7000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, sorry in advance for my dumbness. I have an old set of speakers from a JVC fs-7000 micro-system. Surprisingly nice little cherry boxes with JVC full-range 3" drivers in them. I'm using them in my kitchen and A/B them with my main system.

I'm wondering if there is a better driver for these among the hundreds of fostex, hi-vi, and tang band fullranges. I dont mind modeling them in WinISD or SW, but there are so many I'd love some help narrowing it down.

The boxes are 6"x6"x4" internally, or 0.08 ft^3. They are ported with I believe 4"x1" tubes. When I used the system stock they had amazing bass response for such small speakers, but the cd player had a bass boost to match them. Now I'm running them off my integrated. I miss a bit of low end, and if I move them more than about 18" apart I get weird phasing problems. I'd like something with better bass and wider dispersion, I guess. I'm very new to all of this and looking for ways to experiment on a budget.

So, if anyone can even tell me a few T/S values I can look for, or what I can do to widen the stage, I'd appreciate it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.