open baffle linearray

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to do the same...but, my room's way too small. I could do 6 per speaker, but even that many Tangband's won't fly below the WAF radar. Spent too much money the last few months.

What will you use for amplification? I guess you won't need more than 1-2 watts.

well im ready just got to hit the lumber yard;)

let the fun begin:D

Attachments

• mvc-707s.jpg
    mvc-707s.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 583
Have you read the nflawp?

I would consider this essential reading.

Griffin makes a good argument for staying away from a focussed array, use power tapering instead.

Also, even with very small drivers, CTC distance will never be small enough to overcome combing issues at high frequencies. You will have to bring in a tweeter (or tweeter array) for correct tonal balance.

im not shure yet you got any sugestions Sarchi?.
i will probably be using my Hypex UCD180 amplifiers until i find something more apropriate
when it comes to bessel effekt removing power tapering is probably the best choise but since im using a fiksed listening
position i thougth that i could get away with the curved baffle.

im working on a diffraction model i LSP cad to get a impression of how the response it will look in real life

what drivers are you using karma?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.