Pair of Voigt pipes free in Rochester, NY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I've been stuck in a hotel in Rochester, NY for 3 weeks, and decided to spend my time on this trip building and auditioning the full size Voigt pipe while here. I made a set out of thick cardboard with duct taped spring braces, and poly fill in the pointy end, and have been evaluating them with Foxtex 6.5 inch full range drivers, driven by a home-built 6aq5 SE amp, from my laptop.

It took a while, putting braces on the resonating parts, but now They sound surprisingly good (for cardboard), and bass is a bit light, but definately present. 8 inch drivers are needed for these boxes to utilize the tuned pipe better. They are really ugly, though.

Anyway, I'm leaving at the end of this week, and will be packing everything up. These prototypes (without drivers) are available to anyone who wants to pick them up. It's a great way to get a taste of the Voights without putting in the labor and cost of making wooden ones. Just remember that what you get with these will be improved with proper boxes.

They will be available on Wednesday, 12 April. I'll even throw in a half roll of duct tape to keep pressure on the spring braces, and the mounting hardware for the drivers.
Else they go into yon dumpster.

I'm located in the Greece area, off of 104.

Thanks,
Bob Hedberg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.