HEMP FR810hq

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have the FR8 in 2cu.ft. reflex and it is a good driver. The direct competitor is FE206e or Audio Nirvana 8. The Hemp is better but would benefit from some tweaking (notch & added mass at the whizzer). I would wait for the upcoming version 2. Right now the whizzer is a standard paper type. The next version will be hemp in total. If you can't wait give it a try - you won't be disapointed!

Regards
Thorsten

Hi.
Are there anyone with experience on HEMP drivers, particuly the 8inch http://hempacoustics.com/FR810HQ_10-3-05.pdf http://www.spectrumaudio.de/breit/hempFR810HQ.html

it looks pretty neet, god specs and ok price. according to the manufactorer of omega loudspeakers ( http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com/ ) the HEMP is way better than the 8inch fostex he previously used in grand8.

i have listened to FE103 fostex wich is ok, and more dynamic than my own dynaudio speakers. this is supoce to be the best driver in FE series. and ok but not that great enough.

i certainly want a 8incher for the bass. and it should be able to work in a bassreflex design. im not that handy with tools and backloaded horns like sigma is too complex for me, and way to big in my room:)

any thougts? its a good driver? are there any simple standmount bassreflex design prints out there?
thx!

Don`t buy them.

They sound worse than the fe-206.

I waste my money with them in a 78Litters Bsaa reflex.

Is there sometning wrong with vocalist, a kind of nasal sound.
The HF extention is simply not there...

I tried to cutout the whizzer to remove the thinny mids but without succes.

I apply dammar on them but the sound is still annoying...

Now, I use them with some ribbon tweeter and only use them for TV in my basement...

Way better with the fe206

PS: I went to Montreal HiFi expo two weeks ago (FSI) and hear the omega with a hemp driver. I immediatly recognise the sound even with "omega mods"

In Solen room, a friend and I were surprised by their smaller units (5½ or 6½ in a BR)
way better than the 8 incher, more precise, dynamic and acceptable HF.
They also manufacture a massive 25inch subwoofer! But this one was display only
:(

Just my opinion.

The 25" woofer is brand new..so new..that as far as I know, there was no time to create a box for it, prior to the show.

I believe the efficency is VERY high on that 25" woofer. 95-96db or better. (I don't know if they've published the specs yet) also, powerhandling is MASSIVE!

I mean..140db..for one driver!!

The 6" full range was nice, heard it at the show. Also, heard the Omega system with the 8"

I wonder if anyone noted that the bass in the Omega room was soooo CLEAN..as we had some of our 'room acoustics treatment' (new product) in their room..it was, sort of, 'under the radar' so to speak. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.