FE-206 in Hedlunds?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Resources?

Can someone suggest a good design site or software for this? I was looking at AJ-Horn, but I don't speek German(?). The fullrange driver and single driver sites have a ton...as well as some JBL references those point to.

Is the box/camera the only thing to consider? What about face area, and such?

Martin King's MathCad software is the best there is. It only goes up to 1KHz, because that's as high as enclosures go. Above that, their only function is to provide a solid mounting position for the driver.

I modelled the Hedlund roughly with the FE206E in the BLH sheet a few months back. It works. Some rear chamber mods will probably help. Like most horns, it's a TL at low frequencies transfering to horn loading as frequency increases. Frankly, it's not the best (i.e flattest) response I've ever seen. But horns never are. They have different priorities. It's not a bad example of the breed -I've seen a whole lot worse.

Best
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.