Info on goodmans twinax 220c? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2006, 06:57 AM   #1
maxro is offline maxro  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Info on goodmans twinax 220c?

Hi folks,

I just got these drivers off ebay and can find ZERO information on the web about them, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any info they'd like to share.

They are a 12" and from the front look like an axiom 201 or 301. But, the cast basket has four straight arms, instead of three curved. The "twinax" name implies a coax driver setup, but there is no visible crossover and only a single pair of binding posts. They are surprisingly lightweight for their size and I suppose the small magnet equals high Q (correct?).

Here's what is written on the back:
"Goodmans of England, 12", Loudspeaker type: Twinax 220c, Impedance 15/16 Ohms, Made in England by Goodmans Industries Ltd. Wembley England, 84447"

One strange part is that the "twinax 220c" part is typed on a paper sticker on top of the foil label. I peeled it up and there is nothing written underneath.

So far I have only hooked them up raw, and anaemic no-baffle bass aside, they sound pretty good.

Max
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220cfront.jpg (93.1 KB, 423 views)
Old 4th March 2006, 07:02 AM   #2
maxro is offline maxro  Canada
diyAudio Member

And here's a backside shot. It's not really that bright, brassy colour. That is due to using the "enhance" function in iphoto on a poorly lit photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220cback.jpg (96.6 KB, 354 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!