repairing my PA fullrange box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
couple years ago I've done my first DIY product, a fullrange box. The shape is a copy of EAW LA212, and it was supposed to be used as a stage monitor and fullrange for smaller disco's and basic PA use. I've constructed it with almost no experience, everything was done according to pieces of advice of my "friends". Original electrical equipment was 12" woofer and 1" driver, cheap brand DAP audio with xover at 1 kHz. Anyway, the speakers of this manufacturer are very very poor, I don't recommend it to anyone, stay away! These boxes (2 pcs) weren't used much, in fact I found them a month ago and I've wanted to repair them. I have my money back for the poor quality DAP and so can buy some other equipment.

Couple of facts and problems:

internal box volume is 52,5 l
the whole surface inside is covered with a hardboard
it is a bassreflex box (but Fb is not tuned properly, those bassreflex resonators have diameter 100 mm and lengh 115 mm, thus making Fb too high)
horn for the driver is DAP also, but quite a good one

I wanna repair the boxes to make them work again. I am thinking about having Selenium D210Ti as 1" HF drivers (affordable and good quality) and I need a help with choosing 12" woofer. I can invest about 100 euro/piece and my opinion was Eminence 12LF, D.A.S. 12L or Fane CLA12-300. (target power is 300W)

Also bassreflex resonators have to be replaced with some that have smaller diameter to lower Fb and I will need to change the xover to 2 kHz.

I've modelled this box with these drivers in WinISD 0.50a7 and looks pretty well but there are two main problems:

1) somebody told me that WinISD plots are useless while having the box with hardboard sound absorption panels inside... what do you think? how can I work out the proper bassref.resonator dimensions then?

2) a selection of 12" woofer...

Thx a lot with any help (even this thread is written a chaotically:) sorry for that)

Killer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.