Wanted,wideband Front Load horn to go with I.B.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,I'm planning on using my room above my lounge as an I.B. to cater for bass/sub,and I would like to have a pair of frontloaded horns for mains.Is this idea possible?The reason for front loaded is because I love the sound of a horn for vocals etc,and I hear you don't get the same sound for a rear loaded.Is there any designs anyone knows of,that uses a horn and say 6" driver for example.I'm also needing small boxes,(urm!maybe).The idea of the I.B. does away with a box for the sub,okay it'll have a manifold in the room above,but not in the lounge.I'm already using a pair of sealed cabs in the lounge,a pair of Goodmans Magnum K2 3 ways with 12" bass drivers,so I don't want to go bigger than them.Please can you give me your thoughts on this,and I'd be using a solid state class A emitter follower,when built,from Rod Elliotts site.Thanks all.
mikee55 :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.