diyAudio (
-   Full Range (
-   -   what drivers are these? (

audiothings 30th January 2006 09:55 AM

what drivers are these?
2 Attachment(s)
i want to build a pair of speakers with approximately the response of a small cheap television, as an alternate monitoring reference for my little studio... I saw these i-trigue speakers and the drivers look like the stuff i usually see in televisions, atleast, size wise... can sorta imagine these would be right at home stuck to the sides of a tv...

where should i look if i want to build something like this?/can anyone recommend ultra small footprint drivers that tv manufacturers may be using?



dnsey 30th January 2006 11:57 AM

Unless you have all the stuff to hand, this is one thing that's probably not worth DIYing - just use a pair of cheap PC speakers
If you really want to build your own take the drivers from a broken TV and put them in small boxes.

Stocker 30th January 2006 12:24 PM

Or, a very short step up the sound quality ladder will get you some Aurasound 1, 2, 3, or 4" drivers, any of which is as likely as not (or better) to be at least as good as a TV speaker.

edit: it's a funny coincidence how, since Aura came out with those drivers, a lot of speakers like the ones you posted have been cropping up lately. ;)

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:28 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2