Help with a Small Mistake

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's a quick pic of one of the speakers.

I ran my VDH CS122 cable direct to the driver (where I attached some speaker plugs). I couldn't decide on what hook-up wire to use so I thought I'd do this until I found some FE207Es and chose the wire.

Attachments

• p1010005.jpg
    p1010005.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 173
They are breaking'n nicely. The highs are starting to even-out. I don't have a notch filter, but did put 5ohm Mills noninductive resisors on the + terminals. This brought the bass level up and smoothed-out the harshness/brightness. They are starting to approach the Omega Grande 8 that I listened to a little while ago (inspiring this DIY tribute).

I'm using a Bryston 3B-ST (a very high damping factor). So, I may try 10ohm to hear how that sounds. I have yet to try these with my t-amp...but I am curious so maybe this weekend.

I'll let me girlfriend have another listen when she gets home from work and try to get her to recant her "computer speaker" comment--though I doubt she will since she wants my PMC DB1s back on the stands.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.