New speakers - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2006, 01:39 PM   #11
westend is offline westend  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: FE126E and Bucshhorn Mk2

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Ebert

What are the space requirements for the A126? Can you direct me to where I can learn more about this design?

Thanks.
The design of Ron's A126 is discussed here: http://fullrangedriver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=328. Drawings and pictures are in the "Gallery" section of the Fullrange driver forum.
Old 7th April 2006, 05:54 PM   #12
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

The A126 is still my favorite speaker at the moment, Dave's tweaks to the FE126 make for quite an improvement, smoothing that tendency to get a bit forward and shouty in either this cabinet or the Buschorm MKI

As for space requirements, the photos on the above mentioned thread might not portray the positioning very well, but they're set up diagonally across the one available corner of the living room, spaced about 6 feet apart, and with only about 5 degrees of toe-in. My main listening chair is about 8ft away - but there's still reasonably good tonal balance ( if not the depth of soundstage) at a couch situated 45degrees of axis on the right side wall of the room.

I'm no engineer (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I think it's fair to say that the deflector prisms are an essential component to the proper coupling of the output of the horn mouth to the room. There's probably no reason that a similar approach couldn't be attempted with either model of Buschorn, or even the Hornshoppe.
Old 7th April 2006, 09:48 PM   #13
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisb
As for space requirements, the photos on the above mentioned thread might not portray the positioning very well,
Pic below is the best one i have to give some room context. Hopefully the fireplace gives some reference.

In correspondance with Ron, he took (factory) dispersion characteristics into consideration with driver placement. With the height and little or no toe-in, the idea is to put you off-axis just enuff to flatten the FR.

Quote:
the deflector prisms are an essential component to the proper coupling of the output of the horn mouth to the room.
Indeed when we 1st mocked up the stop signs with a handy piece of cardboard, it was a real gestault experience....

A good generic name for these things needs coining -- i've been calling them "tori" (torus).

dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ronhorn-a126-insitu.jpg (20.2 KB, 586 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!