buscchorn mkII stuffing question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well Ive finally finished my bhorns and they're got 103 in them and I must admit I find the whole stuffing aspect a bit confusing. Could someone kindly tell me what I should expect in the three following options for the cc. No stuffing, light stuffing and heavy stuffing. At the moment the have light stuffing and they sound far too treblly, I thought the drivers were broken in but this may still not be the case. I'm in that delicate deflation mode where after a lot of time and energy making these horn(two pairs infact, one for a friend) at this stage I find them very unsatisfying and so go easy on me.

Well, assuming the drivers are broken in (by no means the case -my own FE103Es in Zigmahornets had quite an abrupt break-in: lots of hours, then they suddenly seemed to 'give' if you follow my meaning), I'd add more stuffing to the CC. You can always pull it out again after all, so you'll loose nothing by trying it out.

Best
Scott

". With the damping the optimal sound behavior can be in-adjusted. In addition the horn mouth at the transition becomes senkrechten the part (up „K“) by a rolled up mat absorption material loosely plugged - a further damping is not intended."
Dr. Andreas Busch Translated from the German in this article relating to his first horn design: http://translate.google.com/transla...orn/&prev=/search?q=Buschhorn+&hl=en&lr=&sa=G

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.