Jericho backhorn and Supravox 215RTF64 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
Me and friend of mine have ordered Jericho boxes from small woodworking shop.
They come from real wood not a MDF or plywood.
Ended up nice with dark/red finish.
Friend of mine has Fostex FE206E but I not like this sound.I also hear the FE208EZ.
In mine I try so far Wharfedale Super 8/RS/DD and very old '59
alnico Isophon P21/25/11.
Now Wharfedale is less details but better bass and dynamic.
Isophon has better details , gigantic soundstage but less bass.
I like to try some modern drivers but not Fostexes.
Looks like maybe I choice Supravox 215RTF64 for one reason this give me also choice to try OB in future.
Can anyone try Supravox 215RTF64 in backload horn ???
Any real wrong with this plan ???
Regards,
Jozef

Attachments

• dscn6454.jpg
    dscn6454.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 506
I assume you're wanting to try them in your gorgeous Jericho's. Well, you could try, but remember a speaker is designed for a specific driver (or it should be) so it might not work too well! However, I'm with Martin (King) in the view that there is no reason why a mid Q driver cannot be horn-loaded -in some ways they could even have an advantage over the normal low-q types, so it could be worth pursuing, even if they don't work so well in your existing enclosures. Dan -you around? Dan Mason, Jozef -he's another poster on the forum here; and he's tried these Supravox's little brothers, the 165 as I recall, in a folded rear corner-horn with moderate sucess I believe.

As you appear not to like the Fostex units (what was it you didn't like by the way? I ask out of interest.), then I'd avoid Lowthers like the plague. More of the same. But even more extreme. The Supravox could well be your best bet overall.

Best
Scott.

Scott,
I don't like the Fostexes and piano recordings.
Piano sounded more likely as battery powered childern toy then
real piano.
My three way Morel MW220 sealed plus old ScanSpeak 13M8535 plus
Revelator tweeter work much better in this area.
Fostexes are fast but tin there no body on midrange.
I will choice Supravox for one reason for OB which I can try in
future.
Supravox are up to 10kHz and I have Fountek NeoCD3.0 to cary
rest if I needed.
My amps are 6J5 parafeed IT to 6CK4 SE with 83 power supply.
Good for <3W but simple don't ask me about the weight :>))).
Regards ,
Jozef

The Supravox should prove a good bet -I gather they are supposed to have more weight and body to the sound than Fostex units, soought to suit your listening preferences down to the ground. And on Open Baffles, they should sing! Might we worth giving them a whirl in your beautiful Jerricho horns just in case. You never know your luck!

Those are serious amplifiers. I'm very jealous! Only one question though: do the floor-boards beg for mercy? :D

All the best
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.