really newb question- fe127e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all-

i've been reading this and other full range forums for the past couple of weeks and i've decided to put together my own set of speakers. i ordered a pair of fe127e's from madisound and am now looking for a box to put them in.

i thought i saw somewhere plans for a small folded tower but can't find it now. i believe the dimensions were app. 36 tall by 6 wide by 12 deep- all in inches.

if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd really appreciate it.

thanks and merry christmas!

Fe127e

Thanks to Ed Shilling I guess it'll be a while before Madisound has the FE126 back in stock :rolleyes:

The monopoles are a little lacking in bass extension and "slam" in a large room, and for most could benefit from powered bass augmentation.

There's also the Bipole version, which provided you've got the room, suffers far less from that problem: with a decent GC or functioning mini-aleph, the bass is a cunning stunt!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=590059#post590059

The height of the actual enclosure is approx 36", but since that places the driver too low for my preference, the design was modified to accomodate a "built in" stand. Finished height could be an issue as far as WAF is concerned.

thanks guys. i read that entire thread and i don't know how i couldn't find it again- info overload maybe?

i actually ordered the fe126's from madisound but they called me and said they were out of stock so i settled for the 127's. my hearing is so bad i probably won't be able to tell the difference anyway :)

thanks again,

iq80 said:
thanks guys. i read that entire thread and i don't know how i couldn't find it again- info overload maybe?

i actually ordered the fe126's from madisound but they called me and said they were out of stock so i settled for the 127's. my hearing is so bad i probably won't be able to tell the difference anyway :)

thanks again,

Well, first of all I'm repeating myself, but you can thank our buddy Ed Shilling for the current shortage of FE126. :eek: I wonder how soon in the New Year before they're restocked?

Secondly, unless you're specifically going for a RLH or double bass reflex, the 127 is probably an easier driver to work with anyway.

Due to major differences in T/S parameters between the two drivers, I'd imagine it would be rather difficult to find a single enclosure design that could be optimized for both and permit a direct comparison. It's probably a "horses for courses" situation

The FE127 ain't chopped liver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.