FE166es-r horn enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kind of a weird question but why not

I have the Fostex recommended horn enclosures that i built for my FE166esrs awhile ago...but have sense sold the drivers.

Would any other driver work halfway decent in that enclosure or would it be a waste of time to even try?

Link to enclosure

http://www.madisound.com/pdf/fostexdrivers/fe166esr.pdf

Thank you for your time

Jeremy

Aside from the standard FE166E, higher priced, possibly a Lowther PM45C / PM55C or DX45 / DX55. I don't know their measured T/S parameters however, and I would take the published ones on their site with about a ton of salt -martin sent me the measurements for his own pair of PM6C drivers, and they were so far out it wasn't even funny. Still superb drivers, I'd be the last to deny it; I'm even thinking seriously about buying a pair in the new year, but something tobe aware of.

Incidentally, why did you sell the ES-Rs? Not to your taste, got an offer you couldn't refuse, or do you plead temporary insanity? ;-)

Cheers
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.