New version of Martin King's MathCad Worksheets is coming soon!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and with 2 woofs (old sheet)

Attachments

• strong_taper_short_2woofs.jpg
    strong_taper_short_2woofs.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 280
Henkjan,

I get the same type of results when I compare the old worksheets (dated 12/03) with the new ones. This is caused by a change in the damping correlation for very lightly stuffed pipes. A few years ago I found my original fiber damping correlation could be improved and that for an empty TL it was under predicting the response I was measuring. When you add stuffing the old and the new worksheets should be much closer.

Hope that helps,

Greets!

I noticed that the infinite baffle midbass response changes between one and two drivers implying that 'Le' is unchanged rather than halved when two are wired in parallel. IOW they should be the same except offset by ~6 dB, which of course affects your TL's response.

GM

MJK said:
Henkjan,

I get the same type of results when I compare the old worksheets (dated 12/03) with the new ones. This is caused by a change in the damping correlation for very lightly stuffed pipes. A few years ago I found my original fiber damping correlation could be improved and that for an empty TL it was under predicting the response I was measuring. When you add stuffing the old and the new worksheets should be much closer.

Hope that helps,

OK, thanks

but how about the difference in the 1 and 2 woofs?

The plots look close to the same shape but with the two driver plot shifted up 6 dB as expected. There will always be slight differences due to the change in cross-section areas in particular the port area. I don't see anything indicating an error in your results, the two designs will never be identical in SPL response shape but they should be close.

Mathcad12 problem

Hi!

I have a problem with Mathcad 12.
When I try to open the "old" TL Sections workshets with Mathcad 12, there is nothing in the graphical windows! The program says:"An internal error has occurred" in the windows and there are a lot of error "line" under the sections numbers.
"This expressions redefines a previously defined variable"

Could somebody help me?
I could use this workshet with MathCad 8 explorer with out problems.

Greets:

Tyimo

Attachments

• mathcad12problem.zip
    82.4 KB · Views: 43
For the worksheets to run in MathCad 12, you need to install all of the patches from the MathSoft website (www.mathsoft.com). The first vesion of MathCad 12 was dead out of the box and a huge screw up by MathSoft, they lost a lot of repeat customers. A perfect example of marketing people rushing a product to market before it was ready.

There is nothing wrong with the worksheets, the redefining of a previous expression underlining is a warning that can be turned off if it bothers you, that is what I did. This warning message will not stop the program from executing a worksheet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.