full range without filtres

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
gday!
ok. I'm agree about familydoctor.org material. but I think - it's usual doctor's afraid.

unfortunatly http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/speaker_comp/FF-Series.shtml show me PDF for ff125K instead of FF225. pity, but I find Xmass = 0.15mm there. :(
for F200A it's=2mm at least. I'm not understand, how they to take it?!
Xmax - Maximum peak linear excursion of driver. so, how i's loud for 100 Hz as well??? it's means some ... more excursion. even to 1 way.

like I know you have experience for Fostex driver use.
would you explane me about directional radiation pattern of these driver?
I have an idea about it.
thank you.

Scottmoose said:
One idea I'm kicking around is loading a pair of these in an enlarged version of Terry Cain's Bigger Is Better TQWT.... I'm curently thinking of external dimensions along these lines: 70" tall, with the driver at 39" from the base, like the originals. 10" wide x 18" deep (external). Not small then, but I've seen larger cabinets too! Could be interesting...

OK, I wasn't stricktly speaking telling you everything here. At the time of the above, the cabinets, using the above drivers and dimensions were actually about 1/2 way through the build process (I was wary of mentioning that part, in case they didn't work -shades of irony that the subject of the frequently forgotten 225 should come up again right at the same time), and were completed shortly afterwards and installed in the home of their new owner. They still need to be painted and have the tweeter added -Simon's doing that himself under the eagle-eye of his good lady. But they work. Oh yes. As it happens, the 140" line length is probably about right for them in this enclosure anyway as I gathered from a search a minute ago that Nelson has measured their Fs as being a fair bit higher than Fostex say it is. Take his word for it any time. 30AWG magnet wire to the amp and you're in business.

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.