build my first full ranger,let's build another one:a small fullrange high end pc-spea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everybody,

i have just build my first full ranger: a coral flat 8 build in a BR
i have build it based on the plans on diyparadise.com

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the sound: well its quite good. problem is : i have not enough heard high end speakers nor do i have a measuring system.

the complain about bass is not an issue : well it goes deep and a lot of bass. but i think because it has to produce highs and low, the higs are modified by the excursion of the lows: and that is what sometimes makes it sound bad i think.
but bass is enough (i play bass so i'm sensitive about it)

the high: i think there are enough highs. i like very much a lot of treble and it is there. maybe the "air" around instruments isn't that good. off course it is no ribbon tweeter.

a friend of mine with a densen and audionote speaker came by, and he was enorm impressed by the sound (which was played over the soundcard: which is very noisy).

i can hear very well the different settings of the recordings.

but there is a bump in the frequency spectrum. i'm not trying to get the bump (in mids somewhere) down, but trying to get the rest up. Im putting on the loudess ( i know i haven't usd it for ten years), the bass i'm putting low, and the treble up. The sound is very good then.

but i wanna get i better, at night the neighbours wanna sleep, so i wanna build a very small high end pc speaker.
to keep it cheap and high end a fullranger in a BR or a spiral horn could be the answer. a small subwoofer that could go low maybe for exta bass ? sound pressure is no issue, since i'm gonna sit .5 meter from it. i'm gonna put them next to my flatscreen.

anyone an idea ?
i have thougt about the solo103 or the spiral horn 103, or spiral horn with a tangband. maybe a sub ? i find it very pleasent to put on music : not hard but hear also the bass very well, and that is something which a sub can do easily. but the crossover should be passive, i don't wanna spent 200 euro for an subwoofer module. (the amp will be an t2020 i think)

anyway guys, if i have a measuringsystem then i'll make some measurements. within a few months i will buy one.

thanx guys
bye

These look simple, cheap, and effective when coupled with a sub.

http://youyoung21147.site.voila.fr/hcw3871s.html

I'll actually only be building a pair of the non-folded speaker.

I'm going to build them myself, I already ordered the parts. They will be my sister's PC speakers powered by a SI T-Amp. I won't build the sub until later cause she said she really doesn't listen to bassy music.

Overall, the project is less than 100 dollars. This will be my first full ranger. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.