TB vs. fostex suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting. I'd never thought about bending a normal bass reflex port like that. Is there any disadvantage?

Josh
That's funny... What are you simulating with?

Using the measurements I got from the single driver forum, WinISD suggests an 8 liter box with a 2" radius, 7.5" long port. Not insanely long I suppose... Its even barely do-able without a bend. (Though a 4" radius vent would require a rather mind boggeling 32" long port.)

Godzilla,
Thanks for the pictures, they look great. Sorry I was a bit confused. How do they sound? Why did you choose to add the piezo? Do they sound better in this enclosure than the FE127 box you had them in?

blip1882,
I haven't been on the single driver forum in a while so I haven't seen those parameters. Also I wasn't designing a SBB, I don't like Win-ISD Pro as much. In winISD with manufacture T/S 8L with 2" port I got about a 6" long port, but to me that is not very large. I don't normaly design using tube ports so to me that is not very large.

Josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.