Buschhorn Mk2 or 3? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th November 2005, 07:33 PM   #1
DaveCan is offline DaveCan  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Buschhorn Mk2 or 3?

Hello everyone, I have a pair of fe108ez on order and I'm planning on possibly making the BH for them. I've heard there is a MK3 version but cannot seem to find much on them. Does anyone have any advice on them? are they better than the MK2 for the fe108ez? Thanks Dave
Old 28th November 2005, 10:56 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Well after some hours of research mostly from English translated from German sites, I've determined that the Buschhorn Mk2 is the way to go. Funny buschhorn in English is Shrubhorn lol. I'm planning on building from 5/8ths (16mm) baltic birch for the entire cabs. Any new advice or tips that anyone can recommend?
Buy the way I'm new here and guess I should have introduced myself, I'm Dave I live in Victoria, BC Canada and I'm looking forward to getting into some diy projects and the single driver sound. Dave
Old 28th November 2005, 11:31 PM   #3
doorman is offline doorman  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Davecan! You might try contacting Planet 10. He gave me some good advice on modding the B'horn CC etc, before I built mine. I gather the FE126E is doing nice things in BLH's, the FE108 sigmas sound good to me! but---?? Good luck on your project, keep us posted Don
Old 29th November 2005, 12:18 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Please post your mark III plans if you could... I would be very interested to know how they should be modded (in the CC) for 126E use.

Thanks,

GnD

p.s. Planet10 - If you have any thoughts on Mk2 vs Mk2, please post them in public, rather than backchannel if you would.

Muchas gracias.
Old 29th November 2005, 12:43 AM   #5
Corloc is offline Corloc  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm not shure if this is the MKIII you are looking for. I designed it a few months back, and was posted in the Fullrange Forum. I didn't call it MKIII, but it could be what you heard. It has not been built. I was mybe going to try this spring. If your looking for cad drawings I can supply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buschorn mk19.jpg (32.3 KB, 793 views)
Old 29th November 2005, 11:59 AM   #6
Ropie is offline Ropie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

AFAIK the MkIII Buschhorn has a very slightly different internal design to the MkII and an extra driver mounted on the underside! I saw a plan of it once but cannot remember where...
Old 29th November 2005, 05:06 PM   #7
scottw is offline scottw  United States
diyAudio Member

I think Ropie is right. I found my link to the Buschhorn Mk III :

http://www.speaker-online.de/buschhorn/bhmk3.htm

scottw
Old 29th November 2005, 05:50 PM   #8
Ropie is offline Ropie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

That's the one. It looks like the entire thing is inverted, with the horn bass being handled by the downwards facing driver and everything else coming from a sort of 'infinite baffle' arrangement at the top. Not really a purist's speaker
Old 29th November 2005, 08:13 PM   #9
Corloc is offline Corloc  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow. I have not seen that one before. A little odd.
Old 29th November 2005, 08:40 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hello all, yes thats the one I had seen with the extra driver at the bottom of the cab. I had thought that the mrk3 version was maybe an improvement or something over the mrk2 for the fe108ez, but after I came across that site I knew it would be the mrk2 I was more interested in. Thank you for the replies everyone.
I was thinking I would build the Buschhorns using all 5/8ths or 16mm baltic birch ply so I guess I'll need to adjust my depth and height accordingly?
Doorman, I met Dave from Planet10 a few weeks back and had a good time experiencing some different speakers he had on hand. I was considering for my first project the fe206 or 7's and he recommended I build the Buschhorns, so thats what really helped me decide on the fe108's not to mention I got a good deal on them also. He had a older f103? in the fostex designed horn that he was playing with to improve the vocals but even so it sure sounded nice and was my favorite speaker we listened to. Dave

Hide this!Advertise here!