Buschhorn Mk2 or 3?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I have a pair of fe108ez on order and I'm planning on possibly making the BH for them. I've heard there is a MK3 version but cannot seem to find much on them. Does anyone have any advice on them? are they better than the MK2 for the fe108ez? Thanks Dave:)

Well after some hours of research mostly from English translated from German sites, I've determined that the Buschhorn Mk2 is the way to go. Funny buschhorn in English is Shrubhorn lol. I'm planning on building from 5/8ths (16mm) baltic birch for the entire cabs. Any new advice or tips that anyone can recommend?
Buy the way I'm new here and guess I should have introduced myself, I'm Dave I live in Victoria, BC Canada and I'm looking forward to getting into some diy projects and the single driver sound. Dave:)

Hi Davecan! You might try contacting Planet 10. He gave me some good advice on modding the B'horn CC etc, before I built mine. I gather the FE126E is doing nice things in BLH's, the FE108 sigmas sound good to me! but---?? Good luck on your project, keep us posted Don

Please post your mark III plans if you could... I would be very interested to know how they should be modded (in the CC) for 126E use.

Thanks,

GnD

p.s. Planet10 - If you have any thoughts on Mk2 vs Mk2, please post them in public, rather than backchannel if you would.

Muchas gracias.

I'm not shure if this is the MKIII you are looking for. I designed it a few months back, and was posted in the Fullrange Forum. I didn't call it MKIII, but it could be what you heard. It has not been built. I was mybe going to try this spring. If your looking for cad drawings I can supply.

Attachments

• buschorn mk19.jpg
    buschorn mk19.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,030
Hello all, yes thats the one I had seen with the extra driver at the bottom of the cab. I had thought that the mrk3 version was maybe an improvement or something over the mrk2 for the fe108ez, but after I came across that site I knew it would be the mrk2 I was more interested in. Thank you for the replies everyone.
I was thinking I would build the Buschhorns using all 5/8ths or 16mm baltic birch ply so I guess I'll need to adjust my depth and height accordingly?
Doorman, I met Dave from Planet10 a few weeks back and had a good time experiencing some different speakers he had on hand. I was considering for my first project the fe206 or 7's and he recommended I build the Buschhorns, so thats what really helped me decide on the fe108's not to mention I got a good deal on them also. He had a older f103? in the fostex designed horn that he was playing with to improve the vocals but even so it sure sounded nice and was my favorite speaker we listened to. Dave:)

Yes that was them, they sounded really nice in his room. All the speakers he hooked up for me sounded good but those ones had that something special that made you really get into the music. If the Buschhorns sound close to them or better I'll be a happy camper. Dave:)

I have a pair of Buschhorn Mk2s (with phase plugged Radio Shack 40-1197s (very similar to the 103)) - they are the only speakers I have owned in the last year and a half and they constantly amaze me. Just occasionally they struggle (usually with very complex music) but not to the extent where I am considering replacing them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.