Van Gogh Drivers?? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st November 2005, 10:36 PM   #1
Gelroos is offline Gelroos  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Van Gogh Drivers??

Has anyone ever heard of a Chinese (I believe) manufactured driver that goes by the Brand Name of Van Gogh? I know that SoundStream makes a line of inexpensive amplifier's by this name, as well as some smaller speakers, but the ones I am talking about are 8" drivers w/ ribbed cones, small whizzer cone, neodymium magnet. It supposedly has a range of 50Hz to 20Khz, 4 or 8 Ohm, 70 watt max, w/ a 90DB efficiency. The reason I ask is that they are REAL cheap and I figure they would be great to play around with, but without ANY type of info except for what I just provided, they could also be headache waiting for a home...
Old 22nd November 2005, 01:59 AM   #2
AJinFLA is offline AJinFLA  United States
Banned

Van Gogh? Hopefully it doesn't sound so bad that you are tempted to lop an ear off

Cheers,

AJ

Hide this!Advertise here!