Aperiodic loading questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I've started construction on a pair of speakers for a friend using the Tang Band 4" bamboo drivers. They will be in 4 liter enclosures crossed over at 200Hz to 10" Dana Audio woofers. I was planning on having the Tang Bands in sealed 4 liter enclosures, but was wondering about aperiodic instead. I will certainly make a 4 liter test enclosure and do some measurements with FuzzMeasure before I cut holes in the cabinets I've already started. However I was hoping maybe somebody could offer some insight into designing these enclosures. Here are my general questions: how does aperiodic loading effect the impedence compared to sealed; how does it effect cone excursion; is there a rule of thumb or equation for figuring out port diameter/length? I figure that that stuffing can just be fussed with until I get something satisfactory, but port diameter is not something so easily fussed with.
I'm sure there are no easy "set in stone" type of rules for building/designing aperiodic enclosure, but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatful.
thanks
Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.