MiniOnken FR125 (pic)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my look of the MiniOnken with the FR125s. I also made a centre channel sealed. Next will make 2 rear surrounds.

I really like the sound of these speakers. Also what I like about them is the simplicity; no cross-overs to deal with.

Haven't finished the doors for the TV compartment of my stand.

thx for the plans Dave

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

RockerII said:
Nice woodwork. Are the miniOnken's mechanically connected to the stands or do they just sit on them?

They sit on the stand (with two screws securing them from underneath). The wire for the speaker runs up through the stand (hidden channel) and is connected on the bottom side of the speaker (also out of view). The speaker and stand can be easily separated if need be.

Variac said:
Like the center driver in the pediment of your cabinet!:D

The center driver is actually free standing cabinet. It slips onto a diy screen (65" diagonal, small viewing room) for projector viewing. The screen sits on a ledge of the cabinet that protrudes just below the tv.

Thanks for the compliments. I really enjoy wood working.

These speakers sound very fine after a day in the shop making designer sawdust.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.