Quick W4-1320SA project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all.

I got the idea to build a small, simple loudspeaker for my little sister for christmas, using a fullrange driver to keep the cost low. I fell for the W4-1320 bamboo-fiber driver the moment I saw it, and I have sketched out an enclosure and a filter for it.

However, I don't have any experience designing filters whatsoever, so any help with it would be most appreciated.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's how the filter looks laid out in SpeakerWorkshop. It's supposed to compensate for a 170x258 mm baffle and reduce a fairly wide 2 dB peak around 1500 hz. But knowing me, it probably does the exact opposite.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is an idea of the design i'm going with.

I was hoping to start building next week, but I still feel uncertain about the filter. If you could give me a quick "Nay" or "Yay" that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.